My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I love cats, dogs and other animals (sometimes more than people). I love my work too.

play online poker
Play Online Poker

Blogs I Read

Cy Orb Lorena Miss M The Talkmaster

Powered By Blogger TM

Monday, July 18, 2005

WEEKEND UPDATE

I guess I should write an entry.  I've been busy and I haven't felt too good so that's been part of the reason why I haven't updated.


As noted in my previous entry, hubby was laid off.  He had worked there for 9 years.  There are rumors circulating that they will be asking people back and it isn't a permanent layoff.  I don't think he's going back, though.  He's got some odd jobs lined up for right now, but nothing really steady.  I think I'm more worried about things than he is, actually, which is not usually the way it is.


I was unable to hide the fact that something was wrong from my mother.  I really didn't want to get into the discussion with her at this time.  I told her about my job being shaky, but not about hubby's layoff.  While she is sympathetic about what I'm having to deal with, I know she wouldn't be to hubby about his situation.  Even though it's not his fault, she would figure in some way it is, and even if it's not, he should already have another job or two and be working.  Of course she believes that the man always has to provide for the woman, not the other way around.  There have been times I've been the provider and other times where he has.  Most of the time, we both do the providing.  Unless she asks me outright, I don't plan on telling her that hubby was laid off.


I DID get some news today regarding my company.  It sounded like it might be good, but you never know how these things go.  I really can't divulge anything about it right now, though.


I didn't do much over the weekend.  Saturday, I slept pretty much the whole day.  I was so tired and I think the week of not getting but 2-3 hours of sleep a night just caught up to me and I must have needed the sleep.  I felt more rested Sunday, so that's all I can figure.


Saturday night I played in a freeroll poker tournament.  It was a $250 prize pool, split among the top 18 finishers.  There were 133 people entered.  I finished in 18th place, just in the money.  I won a whopping $3.00.  Oh well, at least I was in the money and it was good practice and it cost me nothing to enter.  I played a little bit of poker Sunday while talking to my mother.  I have to do something because she loves to talk for at least 30 minutes and I'm just not into the long phone calls, but I let her ramble on.  I went to a cash table with $10 and by the time I got done talking to her, I was at $25.  I figured I had doubled my money and a little more, so that was good.  I haven't played any more poker since then, although I do have my regular weekly tournament tonight at 8:30.  I wasn't going to play, but now they are giving out bonus prizes too and Andy Bloch is going to try to play.


One of the reasons I've been so busy last week is that I decided to go ahead and try for the scholarship I had mentioned in another post.  This is one that was being offered for any adult over 25 that has been diagnosed and is undergoing treatment for ADHD.  I had to write an essay about why I want to go back to school, plus I had to have written recommendations from my doctor and a friend (someone not related to me).  My doctor screwed up the first one he wrote because he must have misread the instructions, so I was on pins and needles on whether I'd get a corrected one by last Friday, which was the deadline.  He came through just fine and so did my friend.  I had a really emotional moment when I read my friend's recommendation, though.  Maybe I'm not used to people writing positive and encouraging things about me.  When I read my friend's recommendation, I cried tears of joy.  It was one of, if not the, nicest things I've ever read anyone write about me.  Anyhow, I'll find out in August sometime if I'm one of the winners. 


12:13 PM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home