My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I love cats, dogs and other animals (sometimes more than people). I love my work too.

play online poker
Play Online Poker

Blogs I Read

Cy Orb Lorena Miss M The Talkmaster

Powered By Blogger TM

Sunday, August 21, 2005

MADE FINAL TABLE AT WORLD POKER OPEN SATELLITE TOURNAMENT

I played in a WPO (World Poker Open) satellite tournament today up in Philadelphia, MS. Top 3 come back January 8th to Tunica for the $10,000 tournament.

There were 28 players and even though it was $90 to enter and optional $10 for a rebuy of 1500 chips, everyone just paid $100 and got the 5000 chips at the beginning. This was only my second time playing live. The first time was a charity tournament.

I made the final table, but I went out in 8th place, so I didn't get one of the 3 seats for the tournament in January.Before the tournament started, I sat down at a cash no limit table with my $100 minimum buy in and won $25 off the bat. I didn't have much time to play before the tournament. So after the tournament, I went back to the cash tables.

This time I had to wait on a table so I signed up for a couple different games. I ended up on a limit 3/6 table. I haven't played much limit hold 'em. I sat down with $40. I noticed that you can't force people to fold very easily and they tend to call everything. The first pot I took more than doubled my money. Then I was up $100 (my 40 I bought in with and 60 I had won). Next thing I knew I was at $140, so I had won back my $100 tournament entry fee.

At about $160, I decided to get up and go eat. The lady that went with me got our dinner comped, so I ate filet mignon for free, plus all my drinks. After eating I went back to the tables and ended back up on the 3/6 limit hold 'em, but a different table. I had given my friend some money so she could play slots. I ended up giving her $150, which she paid back to me. The table I was at was a little tougher than the first one I had been at.

I was back down to $40 after a while. Then I won a couple of hands in a row and I was back up to almost $100. I won a few more half an hour later and was up to almost $200, which wasn't bad for starting with $40, giving my friend some money, losing a few hands until I was back at $40 and then up to $200 (probably more if you count the $30 I tipped dealers all day).

So I basically won my entry fee back, plus added about $100 in winnings and ate for free. All in all, not a bad day. And it being my second time to play live. All my play has been online for the most part. I would have stayed longer since I was doing well, but my eyes were just too tired of looking at cards all day.

10:52 PM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home